To mark the 300th anniversary of the laying of the foundation stone of Dr Steevens’ Hospital the Edward Worth Library hosted a Zoom webinar on Friday 11 September, 2.00-5.00pm
- Professor David Dickson (Fellow Emeritus, Trinity College Dublin): ‘Dublin in 1720’.
- Dr Patrick Walsh (School of Histories and Humanities, Trinity College Dublin): ‘Banks and Bubbles: Ireland and the South Sea Company Crisis of 1720’.
- Dr Maire Kennedy: ‘Printing and the book trade in Dublin in 1720.’
- Dr Elizabethanne Boran (Librarian of the Edward Worth Library): ‘Dr Steevens’ Hospital in 1720: People, Plans and Materials’.
- Dr Melanie Hayes (Department of the History of Art and Architecture, Trinity College Dublin): ‘A classic and polished taste’… Architecture and Craftsmanship in early Georgian Dublin’.